It’s our first time hosting a holiday and I’m super excited about it. Our home will be full of people we love and tons of food; what could be better? I’ve been working on the menu and thought I’d share it, complete with links to the recipes I’m using where possible:
- Spiral Ham
- Mashed Potatoes with Gravy
- Honey Bacon Corn (a family favorite)
- Roasted Green Vegetables (I’m hoping for green beans)
- Buns with Butter
- Salted Caramel Chocolate Chip Cookie Bars
- Pumpkin Pie
- Salted Caramel Apple Pie Bars
- Vanilla Ice Cream and Whipped Cream for topping
- My sister Caitlin is also bringing an appetizer and drinks.
- I’m avoiding turkey because I can’t fathom carving one in my condo kitchen.
- This is my first time making pumpkin pie from scratch and I’m scared.
P.S. My white pumpkin is from Save-On-Foods.
See “The Girl on the Train” Movie
I hope it’s as good as the Gone Girl movie was.
Finalize My Fall Capsule Wardrobe
I’ve actually just finished this and started wearing it.
Chop My Hair Off
This item changes day to day. I’m having a love/hate relationship with it right now.
Complete Two Sewing Projects
At least! I can’t wait to get cozy in my sewing nook.
Legally Change my Name
I think I’ve slacked off as long as I can.
Actually Celebrate Halloween
I want to plan something for the weekend before AND I’ve already begged Tom’s parents to let me hand out candy at their house.
Host Thanksgiving Dinner at our Home
I’m already planning the menu, naturally.
Cross the Border for a Target Run
To buy fifty cases of LaCroix, mostly.
Find the Perfect Winter Coat
I’m due for a new one!
Limit Phone Time
I’ve been working on this a lot lately. I’m especially bad at the right-before-bed and first-thing-in-the-morning scrolling.
Make My Own Healthier Coffee Creamer
I’ve tried several recipes but I never love them. Hoping to finally find a good one.
Buy a Small Pumpkin to Decorate With
I’m not a crazy holiday decorator, but I like small touches. I’ll probably put this on my bar cart.